Cabbage Menu

Barbeque Sandwich with Coleslaw Photographic Print


Cabbage and cauliflowers are on special this week. I have found some lovely recipes, maybe I can plan on them since I am going to the regional centre. But to be safe I have put them in the interesting recipes section. They look lovely.

Tuesday ~ Chilli Sweet Potato & Beans with Polenta
Wednesday ~ Silverbeet & Cheese Lasagne (to use up some Jarlsberg cheese)
Thursday ~ Macaroni & Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Friday ~ Sticky Sausage & Fennel Coleslaw Lavash Wraps (uses pork chipolatas)
Saturday ~ Pork & Dill Cabbage Rolls (uses pork mince)
Sunday ~ Pies, Peas & Chips and Gravy
Monday ~ Spaghetti Bolognaise
Tuesday ~ Chipolata & Bean Casserole
Wednesday ~ Pies, Wedges & Peas
Thursday ~ Greek Bean & Silverbeet Stew
Friday ~ Chow Mein (beans)
Saturday ~ Spaghetti with Asparagus and Fried Egg
Sunday ~ Pumpkin, Cauliflower & Lentil Curry
Monday ~ Japanese Vegetarian Pancakes

Filling in the last bits from stuff from the vegetable crisper etc. Ordered extra vegies to cover it.

As it turned out I could plan on a couple, the silverbeet lasagne was beautiful, also the fennel salad wraps. The cabbage rolls were great except the garlic and spice were accidently left out. I had no idea my husband had never had cabbage rolls. I found what may be the 70s version in Cookery The Australia Way. Have added on these notes, my menu was looking bare and I have to fill in the details now I know what I am doing and how much money I have to work with. I did buy buttermilk at the regional centre.

Duds from last week:
Middle-eastern Lentil & Root Vegetable Ragout
think it had a typo and also I don't like cous cous and maybe I shouldn't make things with turnip, I think really the typo was the problem, it said sweet cayenne

Beef Sausage recipes:
Sausage Sang Choy Bow

Bok Choy Recipes:
Hungarian Sausage, Bok Choy & Sweet Potato Soup

Interesting recipes:
Pork, Pumpkin & Asparagus Stir Fry
Cabbage & Goat's Cheese Filo Pie (uses Meredith Dairy Plain Chevre from Delis)
Veal & Slaw Burgers with Lemon Yoghurt (uses schnitzels)
Italian Sausage Soup (uses pepperoni)
Navajo Fry Bread with Beans and Pork (uses pork leg steaks & buttermilk)
Beef, Miso & Sesame Noodles

Comments

Popular Posts