Recipes using Pork Mince

A Pile of Egg Noodle Nests


I started this post in the middle of February. It ties in with the post I started today as follows:

My son found some pork mince in his freezer that he shares, or rather it is his brothers, today. He bought it in March and it has to be used up. I thought of one of his favourite recipes. I linked to it a lot last year when we were making it regularly, he was still doing his VCE and lived with us then. The link from the New Idea magazine site is gone now and I was worried, but found my paper copy. Lovely recipe. I even have a can of champignons in the cupboard ready to make it. Sadly I have been to a shop that sells pork mince with an eski or cooler lately. But soon, hopefully.

Here is the recipe I sent him followed by what I wrote earlier.


(Pork) Mince Stroganoff

500g pasta
2 tblsps oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
300g pork mince (ground?)
40g packet French onion soup mix
2 tblsps tomato paste
1/2 cup water
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (we used the can of mixed vegetables)
400g can whole champignons, halved
200g carton light sour cream (about 6-7oz?)
Fresh parsley leaves, to garnish, optional

Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and crushed garlic. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add mince. Cook stirring, for 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.

Combine soup mix, paste and water in a small jug. Stir into mince mixture. Bring to boil. Add vegetables and champignons. Cook, over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in sour cream. Remove from heat.

Serve stroganoff over pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley.

Either beef or chicken mince can be substitued for the pork mince in this recipe. Stroganoff can be made up to two days ahead. Keep covered in fridge. Reheat before serving.



I had collected up my favourites, but lately found some much better.

Japanese Pancakes

My son brought be some Kewpie mayonnaise to try next time I make this, but normal mayo works just as well, well so far anyway. I loved the real packaging. You can see it on this blog.

Stir Fry Noodles with Pork & Boc Choy with extra wombuk

Pork Chow Mein Noodles (we had them already) are absolutely gorgeous even without the special Chinese wine in the sauce, and with more plain vegetables. They have a similar taste to each other.

One of the old favourites below:

Pork Chow Mein

Comments

maria said…
Hi Linda,

A lovely surprise to have you drop by my blog (and actually leave a comment.. many don't) & I'm glad you enjoy it :)

I use pork mince quite a bit in my cooking repertoire. Only recently have I started using a bit of beef and chicken mince.

I bought a bottle of Kewpie mayo yesterday I think it was? Well within the last couple of days. We love okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake) and our fav. place for it is at Hi-Sushi in Malop St - Geelong.. It's not expensive either. Do you buy a Japanese mix to make it or have a recipe? We have some okonomiyaki mixes at a local Asian grocer.. however the instructions are all in Japanese! I have a Japanese cookbook (A.Women's Weekly) and that has a recipe but I'm not sure how authentic it'd be?

I hope you continue enjoying Foodie Wanderings. I'm going to hospital next Tuesday (the day I usually post 'recipe of the week').. but I'm going to pre-schedule a recipe to post on Tuesday and even pre-record my radio segment.. 1st time I won't be doing it live. Have you ever tuned in? It's on quite early around 8:15am. There's online streaming here (Click on 'Listen;):

http://www.96three.com.au

I'm making a vegie soup tonight.. though you'd know that if you read the Twitter updates on the sidebar of my blog. My daughter has a friend staying over ..and she happens to be a vegetarian.. it works well because I planned on an all-vegie soup. My 15yr old is such a carnivore I will grill some Kransky slices and throw those in her soup.

Have a good weekend :)

Popular Posts