Woktober

Wok-Man, Chinese Chef

Today's suggested theme for Blogtoberfest is Woktober, or stirfries.

Traditional stirfries don't feature that much here, off the top of my head. I'll have to think about that though. Firstly, strips costs more than other meats. I don't buy chicken much because I am worried the antibiotics will make it possible antibiotics won't work when we need them, real or imagined. The strips are hard for me to bite into as one relieving dentist caused my overbite to be worse and but didn't give it a second thought.

So one day I found something cheap and very delicious despite original misgivings. It comes from the ABC site.


Sausage Stir Fry

You need:
500g thin sausages
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon finely grated green ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 cup sliced cauli florets
1 cup sliced broccoli florets
4 shallots, cut in 5cm lengths
1 red or green capsicum cut into strips
Stock (optional)

Method:
Fry sausages in oil until lightly brown all over, remove from pan and cut into diagonal slices. If desired, return sausages to pan to brown and crip cut sides. Remove from pan and keep covered. Fry ginger and garlic for a minute or two, stirring constantly. Add cauliflower and broccoli and stir fry until almost tender.




Recently I tried Beef & Cabbage Stir-fry. It is cheap as well as it is made from mince. The feature is the addition of those Chinese fried noodles. I first tried them in the Wombuk salad on the packet that I found on an Aussie blog, The Old Dairy. I got excited when I found a different packet of Asian ones in cakes.

I do buy pork mince a lot. One of our favourite stirfries is Pork Mince with Brussels Sprouts. I love the Chang's recipes on that site, well the pork recipes.

Comments

Popular Posts