We had this tonight. The original didn't have carrots or silverbeet stalks and was one of the few recipes we could use at times. I am so glad my husband found a way to modify it. It has gone from just bearable to really nice.
Chorizo and Vegetable soup
Ingredients (serves 6)
* 1 tbs olive oil
* 1 onion, roughly chopped
* 4 garlic cloves, chopped
* 3 or 4 carrots qtrd and chopped
* 4 chorizo sausages, sliced
* 4 tsp chicken stock powder
* 1.5L water
* 800g potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm chunks
* 1 bunch silverbeet, trimmed, leaves sliced and stalks chopped finely
* Crusty bread, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat. Cook chorizo until cooked, then slice and put back into saucepan.
2. Add onion cook till soft, add garlic potatoes, carrots and cook for about 10 mins.
3. Add stock powder and 1 tsp salt.
4. Then add boiling water (from jug). Add silver beet stalks, cook 5 mins.
5. Add chopped leaves and cook until wilted, 3 or 4 mins.
6. Serve with crusty bread or buttered toast.