Chicken drumstick and roast potatoes in a rich tomato sauce
Ingredients (serves 6)
• 12 chicken drumsticks (2 packs of pieces)
• 5-7 potatoes, peeled, cut into bite size pieces
• 3 or 4 carrots sliced diagonally (thick)
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 2 tablespoon tomato paste
• 4 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
• 1 teaspoon ground hot paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 4 garlic cloves, sliced finely
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• steamed vegetables, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Place chicken pieces into a frypan and cook chicken pieces while
preparing the vegetables.
3. When vegetables are prepared replace frypan with oven dish on stovetop and transfer all frypan material into the dish.
4. Place potatoes and carrots into the dish. Arrange the chicken to sit on the top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and
5. Combine stock, tomato paste and paprika in a small bowl. Pour
stock mixture into base of roasting pan (do not pour over chicken.
6. Drizzle oil over chicken and potatoes. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with steamed