Whatever Takes My Fancy Menu (as long as it doesn't cost too much)

Green Puy Lentils Photographic Print


I am still losing weight so I think the theme for this fortnight will be budget and low-fat as I haven't included any for awhile. Hopefully I can keep them and the budget happy. Do you know I was half-way into this and had some cream left over, so that is an interesting switch from low-fat. I had to buy the cream to match the parmesan I had left over from last week to quickly think of something for Tuesday. Our real shopping day is a Thursday. Having said that who knows how much Brie is these days. Also a couple of vegies may turn out an expensive surprise.

Tuesday ~ Spiced Coriander, Lentil & Barley Soup
Wednesday ~ Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Thursday ~ Jerusalem Artichoke & Leek Soup
Friday ~ Salmon & Vegetable Pasta
Saturday ~ Fettucine Carbonara
Sunday ~ Vegetable & Bacon Ravioli
Monday ~ Vegetable Frittata
Tuesday ~ Mexican Pita Pizzas
Wednesday ~ Middle Eastern Chickpea & Vegetable Salad
Thursday ~ Pea & Brie Quiche
Friday ~ Potato & Split Pea Curry
Saturday ~ Warm Potato & Capsicum Salad with Fish
Sunday ~ Savoury Mince & Potato Wedges
Monday ~ Sloppy Joes with Coleslaw

I think our jerusalem artichokes are ready, this is their 2nd year.

Interesting recipes:

Ricotta & Spinach Frittata
Pea & Artichoke Lasagne
Three-cheese Pumpkin Pie

Comments

cathy@home said…
Jerusalem artichokes are really tasty every blog I have looked at today has given some great ideas and also something else I have to learn. I am also trying to live a healthier lifestyle including losing a few lbs. Another thing I found out about Artichokes is people who have diabetes can eat them

Popular Posts