Running Behind Menu

Historical Reenactment of a Woman Running Behind a Covered Wagon, North Dakota, USA Photographic Print

Though it seems like I am making up the menu as I go along, not so. Have been shopping in Coles while we brought down two cars to take mine to the workshop in the regional centre. No Coles here. I had a list of things like sweet chilli sauce etc. that we had run out of. Also stocked up on hard to get things like green olives and capers, as usually we don't buy those things here, just what is needed for specific recipes. So I have planned out everything, but haven't finished off the final week. The tuna bake was like a baked custard. The broccoli part was very well done. Sometimes I get annoyed with broccoli. I knew I had ordered bok choy with the fruit order so got some pork mince at Coles to go with it. Even thought ahead to bring the Eski/cooler.

Monday ~ Vegetable Paella or an adaptation (see posted recipe)
Tuesday ~ Spaghetti Bolognaise
Wednesday ~ Red Lentil & Spinach Dhal
Thursday ~ Zucchini & Corn Pancakes with Roasted Tomatoes & Dill Cream
Friday ~ Tuna & Broccoli Bread Bake
Saturday ~ Stir-fried Noodles with Pork & Bok Choy
Sunday ~ Mexican Macaroni Cheese
Monday ~ Spicy Red Lentil & Pumpkin Soup
Tuesday ~ Vegetarian Japanese Pancakes

will have to check how much money I have left to work with to make up the rest of the meals. In the meantime we were given a jar of homemade poppy seed dressing

Wednesday ~ Pies, Potatoes & Peas
Thursday ~ Fragrant Egg Curry
Friday ~ Fish with Coleslaw & Poppy Seed Dressing
Saturday ~ Bacon & Spinach Macaroni Cheese
Sunday ~ Savoury Mince with Potato Wedges
Monday ~ Tuna Shepherds Pie

I got my daughter to choose a Beef Rendang recipe for herself.

Success from last week:

Our menu didn't come to be for some recipes. We had to go onto the budget version. My husband brought out my stash of cans for blackouts and in it was 2 cans of frankfurters. He made this soup and it was very nice. We are considering adapting the recipe when we next make our pea and ham soup with kranksys and brussels sprouts which is a family staple, made from canned pea and ham soup.

Yellow Split Pea & Frankfurter Soup

It turns out that it is very similar to Nigellas soup that she published in a book which is probably why it is so nice.

Yellow Split Pea and Frankfurter Soup ~ Nigellas version. My husband made the other one, with two thirds more green peas than yellow and extra peas. It was very thick though. To be honest kranskys would taste better.

Here is the official recipe: Yellow Split Pea & Frankfurter Soup

Interesting recipes:

Lasagne using pork mince

Lentil Frankfurter Soup

A paella using wild rabbit
Basic Paella Valencia

Pork & Dill Cabbage Rolls (uses pork mince)

Chorizo, Corn & Black Bean Salad with Tortillas

Comments

Caroline said…
I love your Menu Plans there always very creative.
Maria said…
Hi Linda,

I've made Nigella's split pea and frankfurter soup before after eating the same kind of soup in a cafe. I did adapt it from memory..to suit our tastes. It's one of those comfort foods I love.. I think split peas and processed sausage somehow goes together wonderfully!

You do very well to plan your meals in advance. I do it in spurts.. with big gaps in between. I don't do well working outside the home every week day and hope this is my LAST season at my current workplace and I can then live my dreams. ie. part-time work preferably all year 'round!

I've neglected so many things.. including my own blog.. recipe trials.. expansions of my blog.. Reading other blogs.. the list goes on.

I've been resorting to quickie meals lately.. Yes, pre-made supermarket meals that are 'heat and eat'. Having said that.. next weeks recipe of the week is in the oven.

I hope you have a good week with many foodie successes! :)

Popular Posts