Broccoli & Potato Soup
Broccoli and potato soup
Ingredients (serves 6)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 large brown onion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1kg broccoli, cut into florets (can chop stalks and use these)
• 1 to 1 ½ Kg potatoes, peeled, chopped
• 1.5 litre vegetable stock (3 teas veg, 2 teas chicken, 1 teas beef powder)
• 1 ½ teaspoon salt
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and
garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add broccoli, potato, stock and 2 cups cold water. Cover. Bring to
the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes
or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Process until smooth.
Return to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with
An adaptation of a Taste recipe.