Homemade Microwave Popcorn

My daughter who is seven was hungry after school yesterday. I had a bag of popcorn, because although it looks unapetising in the bag, is very cheap. We found our recipe for microwaving the popcorn, I asked her to use a glass bowl with a plate over it. It was too hot, but a sister or brother helped put it into another bowl so she could eat it, with her favourite thing, icing sugar.

It comes from one of my favourite recipe books Microwave Cooking for Babies & Toddlers, which I think has been rereleased, by Virginia Hill.

1/4 metric cup popcorn
1 metric teaspoon water

Place corn and water into whatever you are using. Cover. Microwave on high for 5-5 1/2 minutes. Remove when popping has finished. Be careful as the bowl/jug will be hot. Variation toss through 100s and 1000s or nonpareils .


Popcorn

Comments

Inday said…
Wow! That looks yummy! You can add butter before sprinkling icing sugar. I feel my mouth watering at the sound of pop corn. My girls used to make them when they were around me.

Popular Posts